Sara A. McClain
Sara McClain became an associate with the firm in 2009 after starting as a post-bar law clerk. Ms. McClain’s practice focuses primarily on defending insurance companies against claims for bad faith, fraud, unfair competition, and contribution. She also has experience with matters involving personal injury, workers compensation, business litigation, and professional liability. Ms. McClain has significant trial experience and has successfully defended insurance coverage, bad faith, and rescission trials. She has also handled numerous cases from initial review of the action through mediation or other successful resolution short of trial. In addition to her litigation experience, Ms. McClain prepares and participates in presentations for annual claims handling training of insurance claims adjusters, as well as presentations regarding the property insurance appraisal process in California for claims adjusters and attorneys.
- All California state courts
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- J.D., California Western School of Law, 2009, Distinguished Advocate, Pro Bono Honors Society
- B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara, 2003
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers